The Santa Clara Youth Soccer League (SCYSL) offers recreational and competitive soccer programs for boys and girls from ages 5-19 years.
We offer four soccer programs including: a Fall and Spring Recreational soccer program, a Top Soccer Program for children with needs, and two competitive soccer programs with the Santa Clara Lions FC and Santa Clara Sporting Club competitive clubs.
Our goal is to provide a fun and challenging environment for children to play recreational soccer, and the structure and support for competitive soccer teams. Santa Clara soccer teams have won National Championship titles, Regional Championship titles and State Championship titles.
The Santa Clara Youth Soccer League is a member of US Club Soccer and US Youth Soccer Associations.
The new Reed Street Soccer Complex is going to open on March 1, 2021 and the following COVID-19 Protocol will go into place.
No Contact Practice
No Parents watching outside facility
1. Players and coaches must complete the Health Check at home on their cell phones within 24 hours of scheduled practices. All adults and children that fail the health test must stay home and cannot participate.
2. Do Not Arrive Too Early as the City of Santa Clara will not allow participants to wait and congregate at the facility.
3. All vehicles must enter the parking lot at the Reed Street entrance and exit onto Grant Street.
4. The SCYSL Safety Monitor will be at the entrance and ALL participants must check-in at the station before entering the facility.
5. Proceed through the concourse and sanitize your hands at the sanitizer station.
6. Turn left towards the your assigned field. DO NOT TURN RIGHT Please wait for the teams to get off the field before entering.
7. Masks are required at all times EXCEPT when actively practicing.
8. Only Water is allowed at the facility (no sports drinks and no food).
9. ALL GOALS MUST STAY IN POSITION ON THE GOAL LINE. We cannot move goals.
10. The back fences of Fields 3 and 4 lead to neighboring business. If a ball goes over the fence YOU HAVE LOST IT. DO NOT CLIMB THE FENCE TO RETRIEVE THE BALL.
11. Until the County of Santa Clara officially updates it's website with the new guidelines, practices will be NO CONTACT.
12. Reminder to follow all COVID-19 and and Social Distancing Protocols per the County of Santa Clara Health Department:
13. End on time and vacate your space for the next team.
14. Exit into the parking through the side gate.
15. Parents are to remain in vehicles and are not allowed to spectate against fences.
Find-out what the City of Santa Clara is doing to help our community impacted by the pandemic. Watch the Facebook Live Chat with Santa Clara Mayor Lisa Gillmor and SCYSL President, Steve Robertson.
The Registration "Home" is not currently available.
Dear SCYSL Families,
After much deliberation and a heavy heart, the SCYSL Board of Directors has decided to cancel the Fall 2020 recreational season. We tried to work with coaches, the City of Santa Clara, and the School District to come up with protocols for practicing safely, but in the end, the health and safety of the families of our league had to come first.
We will begin the refund process shortly, including an option for anyone who wants to donate their registration to ensure we can come stronger together as a community and a league. Refund information will be sent out shortly.
We know that everyone wants to get back on the pitch, and we will do everything we can to make this possible when it is safe to do so. Spring 2021 is our goal! . Thank you to all our volunteer parents and coaches who make SCYSL possible for all the youth. We could not do it without you and can't wait to see everyone back on the fields once it is safe to do so.
SCYSL President, Steve Robertson
P.O. Box 2014
Santa Clara, CA
The Santa Clara Lions competitive program provides a path from recreational soccer up to Gold-Level competition. Professional coaches focus on player development and creating a fun atmosphere so kids develop passion for the game and teammates. The program is affordable and we offer a needs-basis financial scholarship.
The Santa Clara Sporting Club is one of the premier youth soccer clubs in the US. Their teams have won more state, regional and national championships then any other club in the Bay Area and also provide a college recruitment program.